What exactly are you looking at?
Excellent question, dear reader.
This is a site with many a purpose. Before we get to the bullet point list of purposes/goals (and you better believe that I love me some bullet pointed lists), let’s start with a quick bio of your humble blogger.
My name is Dave Feit. I am born, raised, and educated in Nebraska. I enjoy travel, being with my family, playing cards, and pretty much everything related to my beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers. I have a beautiful wife, an amazing daughter, and a very handsome son. Both of my children were adopted, and I am a huge proponent of adoption, and making adoption easier (and more affordable) for families.
For as long as I can remember people have told me that I am an excellent writer, and writing is something that I enjoy doing. My writing talents helped me succeed in college (Bachelor of Journalism in Advertising, University of Nebraska, 1997) and in my professional career (a mix of software implementation, account management, project management, and business analytics). This site was originally created during a stretch of unemployment from a job that wasn’t all that satisfying. All of which leads us to the aforementioned bullet points of what I’m looking to accomplish here:
- Provide me a creative outlet/playground to develop and nurture a writing talent that I’ve been told about by pretty much every teacher, supervisor, family member, and random Facebook friend I have. My goal is to write about things that interest, inspire, infuriate, and/or otherwise invade my brain. I’ve got some ideas for recurring content that I’d like to explore.
- Provide me with a marketing piece for the freelance writing jobs I aspire to obtain. I want to know if I can use my writing talents to bring in money – be it in a full time writing capacity, freelancing for side income, or earning pennies every month because somebody accidentally clicked on an ad.
- Provide me with easily documentable and verifiable samples of my writing abilities. This is important as my current experience level in Advertising boils down to a) my degree in Advertising (University of Nebraska, 1997), and b) I watch a decent amount of TV.
- Create a mini-community via the comments where you (the faithful reader) can let me know that my work is a) good, b) crap, c) funny, d) one of the many reasons for my unemployment, e) something you’d like to hire for your company/site/kid’s birthday party, or f) all of the above.
So that is what we’re all about. Hopefully you like what I’m doing here. If so, you can show the love by doing one or more of the following items (brace yourself for another bullet point list):
- Hire me. I am available for all types of freelance writing projects. Drop me an email and we’ll discuss how I can help you.
- Come back often. Having you read my posts is an honor. You can also follow me via WordPress (click the button to the right), Facebook, and/or Twitter.
- Make it viral. Share the posts you like with your Facebook friends, email contacts, and other online connections (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc). Some of my favorite reads are by authors that were initially recommended by friends.
- Leave a comment. A virtual pat on the back is nice, but it is always nice to get critical feedback – things you disagree with, things I’m dead wrong on, suggestions for things you’d like to see more of, etc.
Thank you and enjoy!